Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dreaming


Last night I had a dream, bizzare true to form, but a dream.

See in my culture, when we dream of somebody who has passed, it means they have come to visit. Check on you. Make sure you are okay.

Last night somebody came to visit me. Last night my Kokum (grandma) came to make sure I was okay.

How I miss her, something terrible. There are times were I will pick up the phone and start to dial her number. Then remember that she has passed more then 5 years ago.

Last night she looked amazing & beautiful. Just like I remembered her as a little girl. She gave me a huge hug, a wonderful smile and a kiss upon my head. I was the person I am today in my dream.

She did have a glow about her, a 'yes, I've made it to were I am suppose to have made it'. She asked me how my boys were. She only got to 'see' Braydin once when he was a baby. I told her they were great and that even though Braydin should not have any recalection of her, he cries for her (I'm thinking she visits him, too). She told me she was proud of me... her exact words were 'I'm so proud of you my, girl, you keep doing what you are doing'. I said of course I would, I would make her proud of me, just as I promised. I kissed her back, hugged her and smiled up at her (even though in physical life, I was taller then her).

Then just like that, it was over. I woke up and was not scared or even alarmed by my dream. I woke up happy and thanked my Kokum, for the visit.

I still miss her physical presence. I still miss phoning her, I miss talking to her, playing cards and having tea. She was an amazing woman.

I love you Kokum...

The picture is my kokum and my mama... (see told you have I good genes ;D) at Bingo... my kokum loved to play Bingo... lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment