Friday, January 23, 2009

Who am I really?




Am I the only one who asks this question?

Who am I really? Who are you?

A mom? a sister? a wife? Yeah I am all those things but who am I really.... those are titles I have earned... titles that as I grew older, I achieved... for the most part...

I have black hair (check) well with abit of grey in it
I stand 5'7ish" (check)
I have brown eyes (check)
and the list can go on forever... but is that ME??? Really, Really me... or did I just inherit great genes...

There is more to me then my stats, my titles...

I have a soul, a soul who likes to dance outside the box once in awhile. I have a heart that is filled with laughter even at inappropriate times. I love to smile, I love to make new friends, hell no I'm not shy. I like to be happy, I want to be happy. I deserve to be happy.

and I am happy... I have created a life around me that is full of happiness... I have two wonderful children, a great husband, a career which sometimes gets in the way of life... but it keeps me fed, clothed and a roof over my head.

A few years ago, I had to really look at my life and make some decisions... I needed to get the 'negative' out of my life, the people that brought me down, or would try to, because their life sucked and well so should mine, right? wrong... your life sucks cuz you make it suck... plain and simple.

Here I am... all the better for it and it is just not me who reeks the benifits of my new found love for life... my children are happier, my husband is happier (lucky bugger) my heart is happier. I put myself, my marriage, my children first and yes in that order. If I don't pay tribute to myself, everything else would not matter... my marriage would not be what it is today... SOLID... my children would not be the happy souls they are today... (well for the most part anyways) and you would not have me... a me who is fully capable of anything life brings...

So there you have it... ME!!! in a nutshell... stay tuned... for more on life, my love, my passion...

2 comments:

  1. Great first post, missus! In case you didn't know...this is my blogger alter-ego :) It's Bonnie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured it out.. when I read your profile =) Thanks...

    ReplyDelete